Q. Has library service changed due to the COVID-19 pandemic?
Locations and Hours
All three library locations (the Library at Waterfront at the Downtown Campus, Atherton Library at the Hawaii Loa Campus, and the Learning Commons at Aloha Tower Marketplace) are open and allowing visitors from the HPU community.
Please see our Library Hours for the most up to date information.
Safety at the HPU Libraries
- To support public health, and in compliance with Honolulu's Emergency Order 2020-07, HPU Libraries requires that all visitors wear a non-medical grade face mask in our buildings.
- All patrons are subject to social distancing policies.
- Visitors must maintain 6 feet of distance between themselves and other patrons and library staff.
- Seating space and computer stations are arranged to enable at least 6 feet of distance between patrons.
- Patrons are not allowed to rearrange furniture.
- Cleaning supplies are available at stations throughout out locations. We ask that patrons clean their workspace before and after use.
- Patrons must follow directional signs for one-way traffic at entrances and exits.
- Small study rooms are limited to individual use. Big study rooms are limited to use by a maximum of 2 people.
- Eating is no longer allowed in our locations. Covered beverages are permitted.
Library staff is available to support your research needs remotely. Contact us.
Physical materials (books, DVDs, etc.) are currently available for checkout, with the exception of course reserves, which are paused for now. All HPU Libraries e-resources are still accessible on our website.
Due to the fact that course reserves are generally handled by multiple patrons in short loan periods, the HPU Libraries are transitioning course reserves to online only. Circulation of physical course reserves is suspended for the remainder of the COVID-19 pandemic. HPU Librarians are happy to work with faculty to find ebooks, articles, or streaming videos for your courses.
Interlibrary Loan (ILL) services are limited to e-resources, such as journal articles and book chapters.